Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Featured Etsy Artisan Colorada



I make imaginative clothes to remind us of ways people used to live and think that aren't part of our everyday lives. I love to use retro styles and bits of vintage clothing and fabrics to make a fun expression of another reality, like opening a book and reading a story. My favorite styles are from the 40's and 50's and I love kitschy 50's housewife styles along with anything romantic or adventurous from that era. I make one of a kind wedding dresses for people who want something more expressive and romantic than the usual fare.

I have been making clothes since I was very young and playing with styles in my mind for longer than that. I wore a sari to my high school football game and made halter tops from vintage hawaiian table napkins with a gorgeous printed orchid motif on them. I enjoy sewing and designing as a creative release and because I love more styles than I can wear and want to spread creativity everywhere. I add little stories to some of my clothing descriptions because it makes them fun and exciting, like giving them a little history or personality.

No comments: