Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Recent submission


original draft, no it is not a beer!
Jimmy buffet music melodies dance in my head
one tear too many I trade in tears for each hour that passes by
many times it’s just to survive
Soothing soft and reminiscent of bittersweet days gone by
A car on a beach a girl and all the worlds grown cold
And she’s left by the wayside

sestina
Dancing in my head are Jimmy Buffett music melodies
tears so far for each hour that passes by I trade in tears
from the past trading time purchasing each beloved hour
many times can this be to survive
Soothing reminiscent days gone by are memories bittersweet
where is that girl in the blue car on the beach?

all the worlds gone by but there is still that paradise on the beach
my life is a juke box repetition of worn and sturdy melodies
life is a lesson. This world she can be most bittersweet
I wonder about pain how just a release is hard won by tears
what is left in my life to help remedy pain just to survive
tell me torment can be summed up to pass in just an hour
symphonies my heart beats that tempo paradise lost one more hour
beseeching memories like clockwork my brain seeks that same beach
oceans deep, travelers lost how can life portray tragedy, some survive
again crescendos of music waves to my battered soul such melodies
plummeting sapphire cascading waters although they are merely tears
cascading through foggy curtains misty in my mind so bittersweet

before my eyes changes in time much is lost promises so bittersweet
the clock strikes on the hour
buy back a moment of hatred pay for a thousand insults with tears
even now just considering something as beautiful as this beach
world torn wounded from hate sanctuary is provided in melodies
another instance another spar just withdraw into a shell still survive

what remains of the day again she the beach girl can survive
I seek refuge in a beverage it’s taste remains bittersweet
Somewhere a band takes center stage and singer’s refrains are melodies
clocks tick each hand travels past on a whim with it taking in the hour
the sand is sugared crystal heaven at last to reach my goal the beach
the ocean is a vast and looming presence filled by mermaids tears

yes each willowy half fish half woman wept her deluge of tears
perhaps she can tell of a murky prison so far below where she survives
each time I remind myself it can not surpass my dreams this beach
each time my heart beats a memory brings to my mind times bittersweet
Lilly flowers float on water each moment a heartbeat past but the hour
Straining to listen beckons a harp song haunting still are melodies

Purchase paradise with. tears...bittersweet
Join me at last...survive...just for an hour
Tis only crystal sands on our ...beach. you can still hear melodies

No comments: