Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Valentine detective

Valentine Detective retake
a First take: Revised
Traveling down an old road, you see old houses, one with a crescent on its green shutters, are you lost, again? Which way to turn, is it right, or wrong? Perhaps, is it correct to take the left turn? Ah, Yes, was this the way last time? Does it really matter at all any more?

This pathway seems to beckon again. The only problem is that some of these houses are familiar, some are still strange. But, I just like to feel that this is my only option, for now. Perhaps that old glove box has a map concealed inside its dark contents. The little silver button is just within reach, and presto, the glove box releases the catch that hold it closed, and the contents are now visible to my wretched eyes. Search my little eyes search and find.
My greedy hands trespass into the little alcove that the auto manufacturer praises as a convenience to the weary traveler. My hands search until they close about a soft velvet object, and a feather tickles my palm. With drawing my new found treasure, my eyes devour this ludicrous item, and my eyes reveal to me that this item is none other than, an old black velvet mans hat. A soft brown pheasant feather is stuck in the crown.
Hesitantly, I place the hat upon my head and the thing fits as though fashioned for my head alone.
Rummaging still farther into the small cavernous cardboard makeshift car closet, my hand closes around a cold steel object, startled I withdraw this other item, and find it is none other than a rusty lock with a rusty key stuck into the lock.
A very small wooden box lies askew, just inside the lip of the glove box. Reposing on the tiny lid of the box, a small silver anchor is fashioned
Still curious about the undiscovered map, I pursue my findings again, this time my hand rustles something old crumpled and dry. Closing my greedy hands upon the last item in the glove box, I pull out a small very dusty bundle of ten dollar bills, wrapped in an old valentine. The rubber band holding the bundle intact crumbles in my hands.
Stop Action; Pause , Change scenery

No comments: